Without naming names:
- There’s the VA who thought that having a computer or answering telephone calls/emails was merely optional, and therefore left her poor client hanging around trying to get her original documents back for SIX WEEKS!
- The VA who ignored the data processing agreement and uploaded a ton of personal data onto an insecure database, leaving the client open to breaches of GDPR.
- The VA who had no anti-virus and infected a whole office of computers with the documents she created since they bypassed the usual firewall being zipped files.
- The VA who used the client’s databases for her own marketing… Eek!
- VAs working off public wifi with no VPN shielding passwords/data.
- The VA who decided her client was being a bit slow to pay, so logged into their Paypal account and helped herself. The reason she hadn’t been paid is that she hadn’t completed the project, which was overdue!
Of course, not all virtual assistants act like this – we take Virtual Assistant security seriously:
- Virtually Sorted operates under a very strict Code Of Ethics
- We contributed to ICO’s advisory consultation regarding the implementation of GDPR for small businesses.
- All our VAs are UK based and sign strict confidentiality contracts and work according to our VA manual about how we work, ensuring high standards are maintained.
- Our storage complies with ISO27001 standards.